The MotoLab Tempest is an evolution of the Tornado and Cyclone, designed to reduce the complexity, size and weight of the multicopter core and simplify construction. As on the Cyclone, the Tempest is designed to provide the most-needed features for racing and acro.
The Tempest uses the same STM32F3 CPU with ARM-Cortex M4 core and floating-point coprocessor for more efficient execution of fast-looptime control algorithms, along with the low-noise MPU-6000 SPI-bus gyro chip for faster acquisition of gyro data. This board is compatible with Cleanflight and Betaflight firmware, using the MOTOLAB target files. The PWM outputs are bidirectional, and the board is compatible with BLHeli ESC passthrough programming through the USB port using BLHeliSuite.
The design also provides:
* A single connection for the lipo to power both the flight controller and ESCs.
* An on-board 1.5A 5V current-limited switching regulator for direct connection to lipos up to 4S, or up to 6S with power filtering.
* A 1A rated LC-filtered power output for VTX/camera.
* USB interface independent of UART channels. * Three hardware UARTs.
* Reverse current protection on lipo and USB inputs for problem-free ESC calibration.
* Dedicated serial LED/transponder output with regulated 5V and GND.
* On-board buzzer driver with 5V and lipo voltage option.
* Built-in VBAT monitor with low-pass filter from lipo input.
* Dedicated SAT receiver interface with 3.3v using JST connector for compatibility with Spektrum/LemonRC cables.
* Dedicated PPM and serial receiver interfaces with 5V power using 0.1" headers.
* Compatibility with receivers using Spektrum 1024/2048, SBUS, SumD and SumH receivers with built-in inverter.
* High-quality gold plated multilayer printed circuit board.
* Connector location on the board edges for convenient access to serial interfaces and other peripherals
* PWM outputs on the corners near the motors.
* Plated holes for all connections, with the exception of USB and UART 1 on quick-connect JST-SH.
For the cleanest build, run wiring under the board where possible. Cut and strip wires to the appropriate length, twist and pre-tin the wire ends with solder, and insert the wires into the bottom side of the PCB. Solder from the top side.
MotoLab Tempest F3 Flight controller & PDB
- Product Code: Motolab Tempest
- Availability: In Stock
- Ex Tax: USD$39.99